Sunday, November 6, 2011

monday is a warm croissant





Happy Monday! You are hereby challenged to treat yourself to something completely decadent to start off your week. Diet be damned, I'm stopping at the bakery on my way into work!


Thought for the week: Be kind
Lately I've found myself providing a shoulder for some dear ones in my life who've experienced tremendous adversities in their marriages. I can relate. Not that anything I say to them will make a difference, but I know how important it is to just vent in times of crisis. Call me the ventee. In each of their situations, this quote seemed appropriate:

“Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind.” 
 Henry James

Rave reviews:
Journalism at its best pulls at the heartstrings. Andy Rooney's essay on D-Day does just that. He'll be missed!
Justin Townes Earle serves up country just the way I like it: Old school and heavy on the twang.
Brilliant article about romantic comedies. Ordered Mindy Kaling's (The Office) book after reading this.
A tip that affected (not effected) how I handled a grammar dilemma at the mag last week.
Rather late to jump on the Beck train. Kind of obsessed with him these days.
Hurray for Patton Oswalt! This movie looks awesome.
Animal cookies for the holidays! We're so making these.
This quick-drying nail polish has changed my life!
Don't you just love Tuesday night TV? Shoot, that was 1974. It's impossible to get your Anson Williams fix in this day and age!

Photo of my kids by yours truly.





No comments:

Post a Comment