Monday, May 24, 2010
1. That damn speeding ticket needs to be taken care of.
2. I really thought I had more money in the bank.
3. Work is completely uninspiring lately. And they don't pay me close to what I'm worth.
4. Cliffie's making an issue out of not wanting to go to the awards ceremony tomorrow. I keep telling him it's disrespectful not to go, but he "doesn't see the point." The point is it's disrespectful not to go.
5. I spent much of the weekend housecleaning and it took less than a full day for it to become a cluttered mess once again.
6. I miss my brother.
7. I don't get this thermostat. It's either too cold or too hot in this house.
8. My energy level is zero and I have three b-day/graduation presents to wrap, package, and mail.
9. Melissa's leaving for San Francisco w/the eighth grade class tomorrow. I'll really miss her. I should have chaperoned.
10. Villianous bugs are munching at the sunflower seedlings I just planted. And some of the veggies I planted aren't coming up at all.
11. A particular teacher threatened Melissa w/not going to San Francisco even though she is getting much higher than a passing grade in the class.
12. How will I ever manage to put these two deserving children through college?
13. I told my sister I'd call. She is in the beginning stages of going through a divorce from hell. Are the women in my family completely cursed when it comes to choosing men?
14. Two recently purchased pairs of pants shrunk in the length after I washed them. Why didn't I buy "tall"? They also shrunk in other areas, incidentally.
15. I may never see Paris.
16. Broke my sunglasses. Again.
I'll stop there. Crying over spilt milk? How cliché! Believe it or not, these are the kinds of things that used to send me spiraling into deep depression. But through the years I've learned to see them as merely annoying realities. Let's face it, I've been through much worse. I'll feel better in the morning when once again all will be well in my world. Well, almost. I'll be squinting in the sunlight sans sunglasses. Then again, aren't they forecasting rain?